Veteran Services

ASU Three Rivers is proud to support our veterans and their families in their pursuit of higher education. We offer special services for our veterans and their families such as assistance in using education benefits, priority class registration and services, personalized advising, and access to resources.

How Do I Use My Education Benefits?

Any student who plans to use their VA educational benefits must:

Apply for your education benefits, confirmation number, and certificate of eligibility (COE) by filling out the appropriate VA form. This can be submitted electronically here:

From there, you should receive a Certificate of Eligibility by mail. Please submit this form to the ASUTR VA Certifying Official, Kandia Brown, located in the Office of Student Affairs.

Veterans (or other qualified persons) who have previously used VA education benefits at another institution must file VA Form 22-1995(Change of Place of Training) or VA Form 22-5495 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance) in the Office of Student Affairs.

Please let our VA Certifying Official know IF:

You change your major

You have used VA education benefits at another school.

You add or drop a class

You completely withdraw from the institution.

Veterans Priority of Service

Students who identify themselves as veterans or as the spouse of a veteran will receive priority advising and priority registration i.e., these students will have the benefit of being able to register for classes before the general student population.   Each of these students will also be assigned a student affairs advisor who will be their designated point of contact to assist them with college processes and with identifying resources.

For more information about veteran services, please contact our VA Certifying Officials

Kandia Brown

(501) 332-0216

Email Kandia

Veteran Crisis Hotline

Call 1-800-273-8255 and dial 1 or chat confidentiality online